LUXE PACK in Green 2022 Monaco finalists revealed

Katie Nichol
Be the first to react


LUXE PACK in Green 2022 Monaco finalists revealed

A key fixture at luxury packaging trade show LUXE PACK Monaco, the LUXE PACK in Green sustainable packaging awards are gearing up for their 13th edition next week. The show floor will feature a display of the 60 finalists in the product innovation category.

The LUXE PACK in Green Awards ceremony is taking place on Tuesday October 4th at 4.45pm during LUXE PACK Monaco at the Grimaldi Forum’s Camille Blanc conference space. Hosted by podcaster Alice Vachet, the awards recognize packaging companies’ sustainability efforts from both a product and corporate perspective.

The jury of professionals judging the LUXE PACK in Green submissions this year consists of Helene Villecroze, Head of Eco-design at Chanel Parfums Beauté; Arnaud Lancelot, Co-founder of Cozie; Sandrine Sommer, CSR and Sustainable Development Director at Moet Hennessy; Candice Colin, Co-founder and CEO of Litica Labs; Maurille Lariviere, Co-founder and CEO of Sustainable Design School; Lina Hansson, Coordinator of Initiatives and Co-secretary, Monaco Blue Initiative, Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, Principality of Monaco.

Eco-Conceived Packaging Solutions


Sylvicta is a translucent, functional barrier paper designed to replace the use of transparent plastics in fine foods and cosmetics packaging. Made of cellulosic fibers, the paper has a barrier to oxygen, aroma, mineral oils and fatty foodstuffs.

Albéa – Breizhstick

Made in Brittany, Breizhstick is a monomaterial lipcare stick. It is made of four parts, all in PP – base, cap, mechanism, cup – and is recyclable at end-of-life.

James Cropper - Rydal Apparel

Rydal Apparel has turned used jeans into packaging. It is comprised of 20% post-consumer denim fiber, with the remaining 80% from locally sourced waste, such as coffee cups.

Papeteries De Montségur - Cheveux d'ange

Made from the tissue paper manufacturer’s production offcuts, Cheveux d'ange consists of thin strips of tissue paper that intertwine to form a protective cushioning material. Recyclable, the ultra-light material is primarily destined for e-commerce.

Iberboard Mill - Hydroboard box for Amélie oysters

This cardboard box for oysters is designed as an alternative to single-use plastics or heavy materials such as wood. The food-grade external barrier layers are made of virgin fibers, while the central layer is in recycled cardboard with anti-humidity treatment. The box is more than 60% lighter than a wooden version.

A new area on the LUXE PACK Monaco show floor will showcase the 60 product innovations competing for a LUXE PACK in Green award.

Corporate Social Responsibility strategy


Metal engraving specialist Mill is the first SME in France's Pays de Loire to achieve triple certification (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001). The company operates its own water treatment plant (5,200m3 of water treated per year), and the environment is a key focus when it comes to its investments (digital printing, ink consumption impact…)

Altus Coating

In 2019, Altus Coating created its own charter for developing more sustainable solutions based on three criteria. In 2021, more than 40% of the company’s projects were done in accordance with at least one criterion of the charter:
- Products with a maximum of 10% volatile organic compounds
- Products with at least 10% bio-based substances
- Products that can be dried under LED lamps


Hot-stamping specialist Leonhard Kurz commissioned its new photovoltaic system in Sulzbach-Rosenberg, Germany in March 2022. Covering around 8.5 ha, it is one of the region’s largest solar power plants. It will cover around one quarter of the site’s electricity needs and save about 6,000 tons of co2 annually. The company has also installed its first photovoltaic system in its plant in Malaysia and a large cogeneration plant is in the works.

LUXE PACK Monaco is taking place on October 3rd-5th. Click here to get your badge.

Editor's picks

Pennelli Faro, MS Beautilab among MakeUp in NewYork IT Awards winners

Pennelli Faro, MS Beautilab among MakeUp in NewYork IT Awards winners

A make-up brush designed as a bracelet and mascara packaging with a retractable applicator were among the innovations that scooped a MakeUp in NewYork IT Award for the 2023 edition.MakeUp in NewYork kicked off on September 20th with a...

09/20/2023 | InnovationMakeup
Packaging Startup Awards, Sustainability... Novelties ahead for London Packaging Week 2023

Packaging Startup Awards, Sustainability... Novelties ahead for London Packaging Week 2023

MakeUp in returns to New York with novelties in store

MakeUp in returns to New York with novelties in store

LUXE PACK Monaco shifts into high gear

LUXE PACK Monaco shifts into high gear

More articles